Monday, December 13, 2010
Croup
So Cal has the dreaded croup. Syd had it at about the same age but I don't remember it being this bad. We took her to the ER on Saturday night at around 12:30 am (actually Sunday morning). She woke up and she couldn't even catch her breath to cry which scared me so I took her on to the hospital. I am so glad I did. The doctors and nurses there said I did the right thing. They were all so kind and helpful. She had to have 1 breathing treatment and a shot of steriods. Then they wanted to monitor her for a little while. We couldn't stay too long because snow and sleet were moving in and we didn't want to be on the road. After a while, they gave her another treatment (epinephrine) and let us go home. She also had to be on an oral dose of steroids. She seems to be better but we took her to her regular doctor today in the blizzard just to be sure. He thinks she's doing great and we will continue to do the steroids at home. Not a fun time to be out on the roads though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment